I wanted to reach out to you and make you aware of a few things happening in the Town of Jay.
Our Food Pantry is fully stocked and available to anyone who is struggling to buy groceries. The pantry is available by appointment only and can be accessed by calling the Town of Jay Supervisor’s Office at 518-647-2204 x101. All measures of social distancing and safety must be observed when picking up food boxes. Masks are required.
In spite of the fact that the offices remain closed, we are available to you via phone and e-mail. A few important contacts would include:
• Supervisor Archie Depo- email@example.com or 518-647-2204 x103
• Clerk to the Supervisor/Deputy Town Clerk Carol Greenley-Hackel firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tax Collector Susan Richards- email@example.com
• Town Assessor Timothy Gay – Timothy.Gay@essexcountyny.gov
• Code Enforcement Officer Robbe Baer – firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-647-2204 x106
• DPW Clerk Jessie McDonald- email@example.com – 518-647-2204 x125
• DPW Director Kevin Zaumetzer- 518-225-4599
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with questions and concerns. Also, please check the Town of Jay website at townofjayny.gov as we are regularly posting updates and items of interest there.
Unfortunately, due to NY State Social Distancing Guidelines, the Regular Board Meeting scheduled for May 14th will not be open to the public. We are, however, working on making it available on ZOOM. Please stay tuned for updates as to how to participate in that meeting as we get closer to the date.
In closing, I’d like to take a moment to acknowledge the many acts of kindness and generosity that are exhibited daily by the residents of the Town of Jay. From our frontline workers to our generous donors, the spirit of community service is alive and well in Jay. I am humbled and proud to be the Supervisor of a town where residents are so willing to put others ahead of themselves, and I thank you for that from the bottom of my heart.
Please stay well,