I hope this finds everyone well. To follow, is some information to keep you informed of what’s been happening around the Town of Jay;
- I’d like to begin with a sincere thank you to the Town of Black Brook, (especially Jessie Douglass) for their efforts in organizing the Labor Day Celebration for our community. It was a great day for our community and I thank her and her crew. It was a huge success!
- The major renovations to the Au Sable Forks Water infrastructure have been completed with the exception of the water storage tank. Councilman Coolidge and I are in the planning stages of what is needed to refurbish this tank. This work is happening through the Essex County Community Resources Office and the Essex County DPW Department.
- One roof at the Highway Garage has been replaced and in a couple of weeks, work will begin to replace the main garage roof.
- The flat roof on the Community Center has been put out to bid and the intent is for this project to be completed before winter.
- We are in the beginning stages of installing new heat controls and steam traps at the Community Center. This project will allow for better heating and reduced heating costs once completed.
- A reminder of the date change of the September Board Meeting, now being held at 7:00 pm on Thursday, September 16th at the Community Center. Please remember that as a result of the rising cases of COVID 19 and based on Essex County and CDC Guidelines, masks are required in our facility regardless of vaccination status. I thank you for your cooperation with this mandate as we continue to do everything we can to keep our residents safe.
- Finally, most of you have probably noticed the heavy equipment in the river in Upper Jay. This work is the beginning of “Riverbank Restoration Project #3”. Christopher Straight of Whispering Adirondacks Radio has done a fantastic interview with Kelley Tucker from the Au Sable River Association. In it, she explains the project very well and I advise anyone who may be interested to listen to it.
In closing, please feel free to reach out to the Supervisor’s Office at 518-647-2204 with any questions or concerns that you may have. I look forward to speaking with you.